ALCHEMY OF THE DHARMA
Triratna Buddhist Centres from across Europe, Adhisthana and Buddhafield are joining forces for the sixth Triratna International Gathering. Part festival, part retreat, this family-friendly event at Adhisthana will bring together 500 people expressing something of our depth, breadth and diversity.
Alchemy is the magical art of turning base materials into gold, a potent metaphor for what we are trying to do in our Dharma lives. How do we transform the ‘base material’ of ourselves, our spiritual community, and the wider society into ‘gold’, into ‘personal’ riches, shared riches and the sustaining riches of engaged, loving wisdom?
More details will be posted at thebuddhistcentre.com but there will certainly be:
* excellent Dharma talks exploring the theme from Ratnaguna, Sanghamani and Prasadacarin
* music, artistic endeavours, philosophical explorations
* study, discussion, hanging out, meditation, puja
* Buddhafield’s structures for a variety of events, including supervised children's activities
* weather! hopefully pleasant as a mostly camping event, but every day is a fine day!
Such a large gathering of people from all over the Triratna world, in a beautiful and rural environment, aims to inspire, uplift and facilitate connection across the wider Triratna community. It is open to all, newcomers to order members, and people of all ages — including children. Everyone is welcome!
This retreat is open to people of all levels of experience
Start Date: 22nd Aug 2019
End Date: 26th Aug 2019
Bursary Fund - If you can’t afford to come on retreat you might be interested in applying for our Bursary Fund.